joshua

i am involved in a really cool online bible study backpackingthroughjoshua.blogspot.com/2011/01/week-three.html#comments. hopefully i did that link correct and you can check it out, if not, sorry. so this week i will be posting my answers right here. this week the questions for everyone to share their answers to are:
are there some areas of your life which you allow God to lead more than others? tell of a time you followed God's lead into unfamiliar territory.
let me take you back to a year ago, after the earthquake in haiti hit, it was tragic. firefighters for christ was putting a team together and danny (my husband) was going. it all happened really quick yet all worked out perfectly and peacefully. i think it was one of the most memorable times in my life were i KNEW and UNDERSTOOD and ACCEPTED God's lead. God prepared danny for haiti in less than a week=he got all the time off work, he got his passport in a day, he got all his shots and medications and he got all the money to pay for the trip. it was so affirming to me that God had control. firefighters for christ really had no set plan of where they were going to stay or how they were going to be used, there motto was to just show up and be used and they ended up being used in incredible ways. some said to us how could danny go to haiti he has you and three kids to care for what IF something happens? well when God has a plan He lets no one stand in the way. now, back on the home front i was preparing for my husband to be gone for 10 days with no contact (his cell phone would not work there), take care of my 3 kids who were all 5 and under and celebrate our daughter tatum's 3rd birthday. i knew that i had to let God lead me for these 10 days or else everything would end in disaster. i could not do this on my own strength, (why is it i ever try to do things on my own? that always puzzles me). as you can imagine God took the reigns and i followed close behind and everything worked out perfectly. all in all it was such a pivotal time for both my husband and i, we were forever changed:) with something as big as my husband going to haiti it was easy for me to let God take the lead. for me it is the day to day tasks that are sometimes hard for me to give to God. i am forever grateful for danny's trips to haiti (he went again in april and helped lead an unforgettable crusade which thousands attended and accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior) it was haiti that pushed danny and i to begin our foster care journey, THANK YOU JESUS!




4 comments:

Kerin said...

I love your post Lauren. You're family is so inspirational. Not just by the things you do but by your hearts for the Lord. It's beautiful. Thank you for the reminder to allow God to lead in the SMALL things, not just the big ones. So honored to call you friend.

whimzie said...

I'm backpacking through Joshua, too! (I'm in the green group.)

Wow, this is an incredible story! I love how God was in all the details. Passport in one day?! That doesn't happen! What a beautiful faith story!

His Girl said...

Yes, what a beautiful faith story!!! Great post, sweetie!
I found myself saying 'me too' when I read this part:
(why is it i ever try to do things on my own? that always puzzles me)

Lisa Smith said...

I find myself so irritated that, like you, I have let God lead me through HUGE stuff but then this weekend I totally lost it at home... Why??

I'm also backpacking in the green group and lead a real life version in Texas. yeehaw!

One the gals in my real life backpacking group said maybe God lets us experience His leadership in a huge way during a hard situation as a result of trying again and again in our daily lives. In other words, the small stuff prepares us to handle the biggies.

Your family is beautiful!!